Imagine discovering unwanted visitors within your home; invading your space and creating mess, allergies and serious damage to the structure of your property. This is not an uncommon occurrence where pests are concerned – and once they have made it through the doors, walls or cracks, getting them back out again can often prove tricky.
The majority of time we can keep pests at bay through good hygiene, regular home maintenance and a range of preventative methods. If you are besieged by bugs or vermin, then there are a number of do-it-yourself pest control solutions and products available to buy.
From vacuum steamers and cleaners that banish bed bugs to a variety of bait boxes that capture rats and other rodents, there are many effective forms of pest control solutions that you can try.
But, when a bunch of critters decide to take up permanent residency or persistent pests keeps re-visiting your home, you know it is time to bring in some professional help. Often only considered as a last resort, when you employ the services of a pest control expert they will not only leave your house pest free for longer but can advise you of signs of invasion and even save you money in the long-run.
7 benefits of using professional pest control
If you feel that your pest problem is too overwhelming to tackle on your own, then you should seriously consider calling a professional exterminator.
There are many benefits to hiring a pest control expert which include:
1. A pest control specialist will have the knowledge, know-how and equipment to identify and eradicate your pests quickly. They will know how they are accessing your property and most importantly, they can advise on the best way of getting them out.
2. A good pest control company will adopt a systematic approach to removing your pests. This will start with a thorough inspection, followed by treatment and will conclude with some after care visits to prevent reoccurrences from happening further down the line.
3. Pest control specialists will only use pesticides as a last resort and should be regulated by state and national laws in order to protect animals and children from exposure. They should always advise you on the best treatments for your individual circumstance and inform you of the risks no matter how big or small.
4. As professional pest control products are far more superior than those that can be bought straight off the shelf, they tend to work quicker and are much more effective in combating the problem. Most pest control companies use licensed products, which can only be applied by those who are fully trained – thus removing any risk from yourself.
5. Pest control can be a messy business, so it’s best left to the experts to tidy up and dispose of any pests. Plus, when you employ the services of a professional pest control company you can enjoy peace of mind that your pest sharing days are over.
6. Hiring a trained pest control company will not only save you time but often money in the long run. Cheaper DIY pest control treatments often take a lot longer to work and the chance for a reoccurring infestation is a lot higher compared to fail safe methods employed by experts.
7. If you have been unlucky enough to experience pests which have caused significant damage to your property in the past – like rats chewing through electric cables or tree squirrels causing structural damage to your roof – then an exterminator can often recommend someone who is used to dealing with pest repairs.
Having been in the pest control industry for decades there are many reasons why I believe hiring professional pest control experts is invaluable.
Whilst Do-It-Yourself products can be effective in eradicating small infestations, if you have a chronic invasion, your pest situation can soon spiral and become very serious.
Although the initial investment of hiring a professional pest company may appear more expensive, it often ends up being the cheaper alternative. Off the shelf pesticides are not as effective and it may take a number of attempts to see any real results. Thus, continuing to buy in store products soon gets expensive.
The potential damage a pest can cause to your business reputation and even your home can be extensive, and you may not even notice immediately. By employing an experienced and knowledgeable exterminator quickly can lead to the identification and resolution of your pest problems for good, without anyone needing to know.
Acme Exterminating will periodically send special savings, promotions and coupons to our Preferred Internet Clients. To take advantage of these online specials, please join our e-mail mailing list. .