What NOT to Do When you Have Bed Bugs
If you suspect there are bed bugs where you sleep, don’t begin sleeping in another bed or on the sofa. Do not go to stay with someone else. The bugs may follow you to your guest room or sofa, and then it will be much harder to get rid of them. They may hitch a ride to your relative’s home, and you can cause them to become infested.
- Do not Panic. You can control bed bugs with careful inspection and by using proper control methods.
- Do not try to kill bed bugs by using agricultural or garden pesticides. Using outdoor pesticides to control bed bugs can make you or your family very sick.
- Do not use products that appear to be “homemade” or “custom formulated.” Homemade products could be dangerous and they might make the problem worse.
- Do not use products that have labels in a non-English language
- Do not apply pesticides directly to your body. This could make you very sick.
- Do not use rubbing alcohol, kerosene or gasoline. These chemicals may cause fires
- Do not throw away your furniture. Beds and other furniture can be treated for bed bugs. Throwing away your furniture can spread the bugs and you have to buy new furniture.
- Do not store things under the bed. Storing stuff under the bed gives bed bugs many new places to hide. This makes it more difficult to get rid of bed bugs.
- Do not move things from room to room. Moving your things from the room with bed bugs to another room in your house may spread the bed bugs.
- Do not wrap items in black plastic and place in the sun. It will not get hot enough to kill all the bugs.
Things You Can Do if you Think You Have Bed Bugs
Have a bed bug problem?
Let us know so we can help!
Want Help Determining What Type Of Pest You Have?
Please upload a photograph of the highest possible quality. Lower quality pictures can result in making the pest unidentifiable. It can either be a pdf or jpeg file no larger than 30MB. A representative from Acme will contact you within one business day.
Acme Exterminating will periodically send special savings, promotions and coupons to our Preferred Internet Clients. To take advantage of these online specials, please join our e-mail mailing list. .