Selecting A Pest Control Company Midtown Manhattan
Pest problems arise from time to time that may require you to seek help controlling the pest from a professional. It can be daunting to choose a pest control company. Don't rush into a decision. Consider talking with several companies before deciding on one. Even if your pest problem is urgent, take time to look for a reputable and knowledgeable company that meets your standards.
When selecting a pest management professional, consider evaluating companies on these key areas:
- Do technicians have current licenses? Is the license the correct classification for the job? You can verify licensing by calling your state pesticide regulatory office.
- How does the company keep their staff informed of changes in regulations, products, techniques and safety?
- Do they use Integrated Pest Management techniques?
- Do they have a certified entomologist on staff?
- How many years has the company been in business?
- Do newly hired applicators train with more experienced employees?
- How much experience does the company have with treating pest problems like yours?
- Ask family members, friends, coworkers, or neighbors for a recommendation.
- Avoid relying on advertising for information about the company's reputation.
- Consider contacting the Better Business Bureau or the state pesticide regulatory office for information on recent violations, complaints, or unresolved issues.
- Ask the company for customer references.
- Can the company offer an estimate for services in writing? Many offer free estimates.
- Get estimates from more than one company and compare their rates and services.
- Does the company require you to sign up for a long-term contract? If so, what are the long-term costs?
- Is the company able to provide a guarantee for their work? What are the terms?
- Do the employees listen to your concerns and address them with care and respect?
- Can the employees identify the pest, explain the extent of the infestation, and provide details about the pest and its behavior?
- Are they willing to discuss product selection and other details of the treatment?
- Are they willing to discuss low-toxicity options and reducing environmental risks?
- Do they have insurance to cover you, your property, and their employees?
- Are they responsible about wearing protective equipment when necessary?
- What measures will they take to prevent unnecessary exposures and accidents?
As you contact and interview the companies, don't be afraid to ask questions. Educate yourself about the pest and your options for treatment.
Record Important Information
Once you have selected a pest control company, take note of the following items:
- The contact information for the company
- The names of employees who are performing the work
- The time and date of the inspections/treatments
- The names of the products they will use and their EPA registration numbers
- The formulation of each product and where that product will be used. For example, is the product a gel, a spray, or a dust?
- Any preparations you need make before the treatment, such as putting away clutter, removing items from kitchen cabinets, or keeping pets and children away from the area
- Precautionary information or potential health effects in case of exposure to pesticide products.
Successful pest control will require communication and cooperation between you and the company. Ask questions and make sure you understand the treatment and your responsibilities in making the treatment a success. Contact the company or your state pesticide regulatory agency promptly to report any problems.
Have a rodent or bed bug problem?
Let us know so we can help!
Want Help Determining What Type Of Pest You Have?
Please upload a photograph of the highest possible quality. Lower quality pictures can result in making the pest unidentifiable. It can either be a pdf or jpeg file no larger than 30MB. A representative from Acme will contact you within one business day.
Acme Exterminating will periodically send special savings, promotions and coupons to our Preferred Internet Clients. To take advantage of these online specials, please join our e-mail mailing list. .